General rules of tensioning
- Ideal tension is the lowest tension at which thebelt will not slip under peak load conditions.
- Check tension soon after the first 24 hours ofoperation.
- Over tensioning shortens belt and bearing life.
- Under tensioning, depending on degree,destroys belts quickly.
- Keep belts free from foreign materials which may cause slip.
- Make belt drive inspections on a periodic basis. Re-tension drive when belts are first observedto be slipping.
Tension tester procedures and instructions
Protorque belt tension testers
Protorque belt tension testers are available from your ProTorque stockist